The website thanks its present form to a foundation and a man. The foundation is the Uyttenboogaart-Eliasen Stichting, who with a generous gift made the rejuvenation of the old “leafminer” site possible. The man is Jaap Wiering, who with his unique combination of technical skill and a capacity to absorb into detail the subject matter of the site, had it recreated. I am deeply grateful to both.
In order to warrant the continuity of this website, EIS Kenniscentrum Insecten (Center of Expertise Insects) and Naturalis have confirmed their support. The logos of both organisations are displayed on the site.
What is in the site
My deep gratitude in the first place goes to Albertine, my wife, who intensively helped in the collecting of material and in te preparation of illustrations.
Many friends publish their pictures in the site, really transforming it into a collective project.
Much valuable information was collected the library of the Netherlands’ Entomological Society, where Godard Tweehuysen and Danny Boomsma helped me to delve deeply in the treasures of this splendid library.
I gratefully acknowledge the permission of the following persons and editorial boards to use illustrations that have been published elsewhere:
- Dr Hans Henrik Bruun
- Dr. Csóka György
- Dr Zdeněk Laštůvka
- Dr Erik van Nieukerken
- Bob Dransfield & Bob Brightwell for making aphids an attractive object of study with their website: InfluentialPoints
- Dr Malcolm Storey, for permission to use the illustrations of his wonderful collection BioImages
- Acta zoologica Academiae Scientiarum hungaricae
- Acta zoologica cracoviensia
- BiologieZentrum Österreich
- Entomologische Berichten, Amsterdam
- European Journal of Entomology
- Systematic Entomology
- Tijdschrift voor Entomologie